Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Jose Celestino japc at co.sapo.pt
Sat Dec 12 20:48:33 GMT 2009

On Sáb, 2009-12-12 at 19:27 +0000, Jose Celestino wrote:
> On Sáb, 2009-12-12 at 19:16 +0100, Steven Crooks wrote:
> > On Saturday 12 December 2009 18:30:46 Jose Celestino wrote:
> > >
> > > Notorious counter-example is Amarok, it went from a powerful media
> > > player to a useless P.O.S.
> > >
> > > But I guess most of everything else (that I use, at least) as improved,
> > > Digikam, Gwenview, Konsole, etc.
> > >

> > That might be your own opinion.
>
> Sure it is my opinion. I have the very bad habit of verbalizing my
> opinion not others.

Just to redeem myself. Amarok2 has come a long way, just gave 2.2 a test
and there was no hangs or load spikes, toolbar NG is very nice and along
with breadcrumbs allow very nice costumization and pixel sparing, lyrics
and wikipedia are more functional, playlist layouts are very useful and
the equalizer is finaly welcome.

-- Jose Celestino SAPO.pt::Systems http://www.sapo.pt
Progress (n.): The process through which Usenet has evolved from smart
people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart
terminals.