Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Dec 10 20:52:13 GMT 2009

Kevin Krammer posted on Thu, 10 Dec 2009 21:24:33 +0100 as excerpted:

>> Talking about which...  I'm so far behind on my kde-planet and related
>> feeds it's pitiful, but is that netbook shell going to make it for 4.4?
>> I have a netbook on which I plan to put kde (Gentoo based) at some
>> point, so what I've read about that has sounded /real/ interesting!
>
> Don't know to that certain either, but I think it will only be at a
> preview stage at the time of the main release.

Too bad, but as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day...

Thanks.

The tabbed window interface (already in 4.4 b1 according to the
announcement) will be nice, tho.  I think that was another element that
was developed with netbooks in mind.