Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Draciron Smith draciron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 10:21:29 GMT 2009

I've been considering modding Wesnoth to include more detailed char
histories. No idea if the Wesnoth development team would be interested
in including it. Addictive game though :)

You are correct in that coding style and conventions can mean a great
deal but that goes for any language. I've been brought in to fix code
on many occasions and found it just easier to rewrite the thing from
scratch either cause it was undocumented spaghettti code or it was so
overdone that no function had more than 5 lines of code.  This meant
opening up dozens of classes/functions just to figure out what was
going on in a very small section of code.

In general as a rule but not a certainty the more eyes traverse code
the more likely it is too be cleaner code.Especially if there are
project conventions people actually adhere too. Though reading
Hungarian notation is the opposite extreme and I cringe every time I
see Hungarian notation. It's like seeing an over normalized DB. Why in
the world would somebody do that too themselves LOL.  Naming
conventions good, overly contorted conventions too much of a good
thing.