First Look of KDE Software Compilation 4.4-b1 Released

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Dec 10 00:35:44 GMT 2009

Billie Erin Walsh posted on Wed, 09 Dec 2009 07:49:30 -0600 as excerpted:

> I don't know how many have already seen this.
>
> With the current discussion about KDE I thought I would pass it along in
> case.
>

> http://dr-bhai.com/2009/12/06/first-look-of-kde-software-
compilation-4-4-beta1-released/

> Today, KDE has released a the first preview of the KDE Software
> Compilation 4.4 Beta1
> <http://kde.org/announcements/announce-4.4-beta1.php>. With lots of
> modifications KDE SC aims to stabilize the next version of the KDE
> Desktop, Applications and Development Platform.

Thanks.  Looks interesting and I'm tempted, as I've been saying kde 4.3
is still beta quality, all along.  At least then I'd be running an
official beta.  But... chances are I won't get to it /right/ away as I
have other things on my plate.  Beta 2 or RC1 or whatever will likely be
out before I actually get to it, tho there's a fair chance I'll do so
before the scheduled full release in February.