Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 8 14:01:47 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 08 December 2009 13:31:17 spir wrote:
> My question seems difficult to understand. I'm not arguing on one side or
>  the other. I know tons of individual positions on the topic -- and yours
>  are indeed worth beeing taken into account, but there are better places.
>  But that's not what I ask for: I ask for (a) pointer(s) to kde designers'
>  previous and present POVs -- that's all. See Dotan's statement quoted
>  above. I would like to be in a position to say like him "I agree/disagree
>  with <this>."; for this, I need source information about <this>.

Unlike the academic world there is little mileage in documenting this process.
I suggest that if you really want to know how decisions are made you google
for the relevant development mailing lists - there are many, because many
refer to their own project only - and read archives.  It is there and on IRC
sessions, of which there will be no public archive, where most decisions will
be made - other, that is, than on the 'sprints' where a group of developers
meet up physically to work on specific issues.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group