Why KDE4 is called KDE?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 10:26:45 GMT 2009

>> That was the whole "KDE thing": customization and
>> usability. KDE 4 breaks with that tradition. I know the reasons why. I
>> even agree with most of them.
>
> Could you, or someone else, point to docs on the topic?

Could you, or someone else, point to docs specifying that Myanmar is
an oppressive regime? Wikipediaesque [citation needed] jokes are funny
on slashdot, thanks. In real communication they are neither insightful
nor informative.

Customization and usability is what users have come to know KDE for,
even if it was not an explicitly stated goal at the time. In fact,
until Celete Lyn-Paul (I am probably getting that name wrong somehow)
started defining things recently, the KDE doc have always been
outdated and incomplete. Would you like a citation for that too?

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il