dolphin oddity

Martin (KDE) kde at fahrendorf.de
Mon Aug 31 08:47:19 BST 2009

Am Sonntag, 30. August 2009 schrieb Anne Wilson:
> On Sunday 30 August 2009 20:09:53 Martin (KDE) wrote:
> > Strigi is not running and I can't enable it. Error is: strigi
> > service can not be initialized - probably an installation problem
> >
> > all strigi and nepomuk stuff is installed. nepomuk is running.
> > What to do next?
>
> I honestly don't know.  I had the same problem with 4.2 on my
> netbook and never found the answer.  Then I upgraded to 4.3 and all
> was well.  Is that not an option for you?

This is 4.3. My daughter's is 4.2.

I have searched a little bit in the net and found this site:

http://ossz.blogspot.com/2009/05/nepomuk-strigi-resolving-mystry.html

this problem seems to be a little fedora 11 specific as for openSUSE
and ubuntu I found solutions by installing the sesame backend package.
Sadly this package is not available for fedora (why?).

Martin