Double-click consistency in KDE

Wed Aug 26 18:37:10 BST 2009

On Wednesday 26 Aug 2009 10:26:25 pm Peter Lewis wrote:
> I have used many versions of KDE since 1998 but there is one thing that has
> always perplexed me...
>
> Who decides when a double-click will have to be used to change to a folder
> when navigating file-structures, or launch an application within a folder?
>
> If I may come clean at the start, I regard the double-click as the spawn of
> the devil. What irritates me though is having to guess when I will have to
> double-click and when just to click once.
>
> Is there any way to control this? I can find none up to KDE 4.2. In "System
> Settings" -> General you can click on "Keyboard & Mouse" and its background
> turns blue! WoW! Double-click and you can get to Mouse Settings where you
> can select "Single-click to open files and folders" (single-click YuK)

OK. I am a little confused here. Do you prefer single click or double? The
settings you choose in the above mentioned config should apply across all KDE
applications. If it does not it is mostly a bug if not a consciously made
decision.

> which I do have selected, but still have to double-click when negotiating
> Open Document in Okular.

You mean, in the open file dialog? Is that behavior unique to Okular?
In here, i have single click enabled and Okular opens the file when i click on
a pdf file in dolphin or launch okular and pick the file from it's open file
dialog.

--
Cheers!
Kishore