Run Command Dialog Locks Up

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Aug 19 08:29:03 BST 2009

Nikos Chantziaras posted on Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:39:01 +0300 as excerpted:

> On 08/19/2009 07:09 AM, Tim Johnson wrote:
>> * Nikos Chantziaras<realnc at arcor.de>  [090818 17:16]:

>>> krunner
>> tim at bart:~$ locate -i krunner
>> tim at bart:~$ which krunner
>> tim at bart:~$ cd /usr/bin
>> tim at bart:/usr/bin$ ls kr*
>> krandom.kss  krandrtray  krdb  krdc  kreadconfig  krfb  krfb_httpd
>> krootimage  krotation.kss
>> tim at bart:/usr/bin$ /usr/sbin/krunner
>> bash: /usr/sbin/krunner: No such file or directory <sigh>
>> As you see, I've tried that. Not found. Where is it on your system?
>> thanks
>
> /usr/bin/krunner.  I'm on KDE 4.3.0.

from konsole:

$ which krunner
/usr/bin/krunner

Also kde 4.3.0, Gentoo/~amd64 Linux.

kubuntu 8.04 and 7.04.  Would those be kde3?  I'd expect at least 7.04
would be, but am not sure about 8.04.  AFAIK, kde3 didn't have a separate
run dialog executable, it was part of kdesktop.  Killing it will kill the
desktop, but kicker, that is, all the panels, etc, should still work.
Also, if you have a konsole window going, you should still be able to
type commands (such as kdesktop &, to restart it) into it.