Is there a way to get a kde3 color scheme into kde4?

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Thu Aug 6 05:58:40 BST 2009

Matthew Woehlke <> posted h5cd43$dup$1 at ger.gmane.org,
excerpted below, on  Wed, 05 Aug 2009 11:48:03 -0500:

> What I've found is that if I go
> into system settings, tick 'apply to non-kde', hit apply/OK, and then
> launch Thunderbird/Firefox, it will use the system colors. If I then
> close tb/ff and re-open, it often comes up with the default (black on
> white/gray) color scheme. This is a *bug*, though I believe I've seen it
> affect gitk as well, so not sure if it is in moz or gtk. (Note: I am
> using the default UI themes in both ff and tb.)
>
> It sounds like what you are seeing is ff/tb never uses the system color
> scheme, but they are definitely /supposed/ to do so when not using a UI
> theme that would override that.

Hmm, it may be that whatever is switching it back to the mozilla defaults
for you, is what I see pretty much all the time.  Once I get a color
theme I like, I don't change it much or often, so wouldn't reapply it
often.  Combine that with the fact that I run kmail not thunderbird, and
use konqueror for most web so don't run firefox /that/ often, it may be
that the kde colors get exported to firefox temporarily too, but I just
never run it before whatever that bug is switches the colors back to
mozilla default, so I never see the application of the kde colors at all
and didn't think it happened at all.