How to build kuickshow?

Jonathan Rawle gmane at jonathanrawle.co.uk
Sun Sep 28 21:33:32 BST 2008

> I'm not certain, but I suspect not, as I can't find anything recent
> either. Some of the functionality is on ShowFoto, and Gwenview can do
> everything Kuickshow did and more, I think, especially with kipi plugins,
> although users
> of KDE 4 still don't have the plugins.  Since you're running KDE 3.5 I
> would think that Gwenview + kipi plugins is your best bet.

Thanks, but the fact is I like Kuickshow! I like the way it works, single
keypresses to instantly brighten or rotate the image, no clutter on the
window, instant start-up, etc. I've tried the others and I do not like them
as much. Choice is important. Otherwise we may as well say: why use KDE
when Gnome can do everything it can, or why use Linux when Windows can do
everything!

If Kuickshow is going to be completely dropped from KDE, I'll be looking at
making it into a stand-alone app I can always build against the current
version of KDE. One only has to have a quick Google to find users of
various distributions inquiring after Kuickshow following a reinstall. I'm
not the only one who wants to continue using it!

Jonathan

--
http://jonathan.rawle.org/