Viewing video in a browser (KDE 4,1,1)

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 23 22:45:41 BST 2008

I'm trying to work out how to set a file association that will play .ogv files
in a browser - or for that matter any simple way of playing an .ogv file from
a link, even if it has to open an external player.

I tried first to find a setting for playing embedded - but no application
suitable seems to be listed.   I then set it to play in an external player.
Kaffeine and RealPlayer are both listed on the General tab, so I assumed that
one of them would pick it up - no such luck.  Every time I try I see a page of
symbols and a warning that I'm viewing a binary file.

It's really annoying to have to save the file to view it.

Anne