Lightweight Basket replacement

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 10:52:28 BST 2008

2008/9/5 Stephen Dowdy <sdowdy at ucar.edu>:
> I think 'zim' (http://zim-wiki.org/) "The Desktop Wiki" might fit your
> needs, though it's technically not a KDE app (Gdk-perl).  It was a
> little "unstable" for me on Debian Etch, but i see that the main
> site is at 0.25 and Etch's package is version 0.17.  (i'll have to
> take a look at this again)

I think it would be good for me to update this thread. Zim is an
amazing product, I encourage people to take a look at it. The
developer is adding new features almost weekly, and is very responsive
to wish-bugs. I know that this might be considered OT for the KDE
list, but this type of program is really missing from what is
available in KDE so I'd like to call attention both to the fact that
this program exists (so that people can have the benefit of using it),
and to the fact that I had to look outside KDE despite the fact that I
really, really wanted to keep my applications consistent. I hope that
you enjoy Zim as much as I do!

Side note: Zim is being recoded in Python, which may make a Qt / KDE
version easier to write. If there is interest, I may even take it upon
myself in the next few months.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com