Deacitvate Wallpaper download via KHotNewStuff

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Mon Oct 20 17:46:27 BST 2008

On Monday 20 October 2008, Roland Wolters wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I do wonder if there is an option to deactivate the KHotNewStuff wallpaper
> download in the background configuration dialog of kdesktop.

Good question.

One thing you can try is to look at the KConfigXT description file, i.e. XML
files describing KDE application configs. Unfortunately this is not being
used by all applications yet.

% kde-config --path kcfg

It might also work using URL restrictions, see [1]
in other cases (not GHNS related) the following page is often useful as well
[2]

If all fails, try asking in panel-devel and make sure you include an explicit
reference to KDE3 :)

Cheers,
Kevin

[1]