kde4 makes PC slowlier ???

Frank Weng (a.k.a. Franklin) franklin at goodhorse.idv.tw
Tue Oct 7 03:14:17 BST 2008

Thierry de Coulon 在 2008年 10月 7日 Tuesday 03:50:59 時寫道:
> The question why 4 is slower than 3 on a system that should run it smoothly
> should be answered by a developper. OS X 10.5 is not faster on every
> system, nor is Vista. People tend to believe that a new version is (always)
> better than the previous one, they are wrong.

Uh... I think that new version *is supposed to* be better than old version,
and that should be why new versions are released.  Isn't it? :-)

I think that it is just not *everything* better than previous one.  New
versions may be ``framework'' better, ``feature'' better, or ``performance''
better, etc.  KDE4 is slower than KDE3, that's true.  But IMHO KDE4 has many
things better than KDE3, and I hope that one day KDE4 can have superisingly
performance and stability improvement.

Franklin