KDE 4.1.2.....

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 6 11:54:54 BST 2008

On Monday 06 October 2008 10:23:04 I.s,baran Akçay?r wrote:
> I love and enjoy using kde4 ( a normal user would not definitely )
> thanks for your work btw, but i think the same about versioning, to
> early to say even "it works" or "stable"

Just a couple of comments about this curiously unhelpful thread -

The KDE team distributed KDE 4.0 as a developer distribution.  If packagers
made the decision to include it in their distros, that has helped and hindered
the team in equal amounts, I think.

Second - the stability and state of things working does vary enormously
according to your distro, and possibly the combination of your hardware and
distro.  I know this to be a fact, as I have two distros running KDE4 at the
moment and have had a third one not long ago.  One of those is considerably
more stable than the other two.

It would be sensible, before writing this kind of criticism, to acknowledge
that many factors, including human failure, may contribute to problems.

Anne