what is being abandoned is K3B

Jerry Houston Jerry at effjayare.net
Sat Nov 29 16:58:17 GMT 2008

On Saturday 29 November 2008 08:46:44 Carl-Valentin Schmitt wrote:
> aua ! aua ! at hotmail ??? help !   ;o)
> well, it can happen that linux and windows both on one machine don't work
> I tried that long enough ... therefore using for 8 years only linux.

I'm guessing that it must have been Windows 95 or Windows 98 that you tried it
with, given that you say you've been using only Linux now for 8 years.

More recent Windows versions will certainly run on one machine with Linux.
Two of my desktop machines dual-boot -- one with XP-Pro SP3 and the other with
Vista Ultimate SP1, and I've had no OS conflicts at all.

If you'd really like to have a dual-boot system, don't be afraid to give it a
try again, only with a newer Windows version.