panel on the right or left side of the screen

Agustín Benito Bethencourt abenito at grupocpd.com
Fri Nov 28 17:39:54 GMT 2008

Hi,

I'm using KDE 4.1 in debian lenny. Firstable I want to say I love it. I just
installed in my Acer Aspire One. Since it has a small screen, I use the panel
on the left side (I'm used to this. Yes...I'm a little friky). The point is
that most widgets doesn't look right. They lack space. The clock is the most
obvious one but I've tried others and it happens the same.

I understand that some of them are designed for a horizontal panel but the
clock, for example, is posisitive to have a font size configuration (I
haven't found it). If it does have it, it should be accessible from the right
bottom once it is installed. If there is another way to do it, please let me
know. As you can see, I'm still getting control of the new KDE interface.

I suggest to look for a way that, when the panel is vertical, those widgets
designed for a horizonal panel, shows an icon that, when you press it, the
widget expands, like the mini-app equivalent to Ctrl+F2 in KDE 3 series (KDE
3.5 at least). I liked that solution when I saw it. If it is not possible or
desirable, another way can be investigated. I think it needs a better
solution.

Did I say that I love KDE4?

saludos
--