Selecting Default page size

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 18 22:08:27 GMT 2008

On Tuesday 18 November 2008 21:11:34 David Dudley wrote:
> I'm having unbelievable problems getting my kde setup to print on a laser
> printer.  The printer has Letter sized paper in it, but if I use kprinter
> to print to it, the printer wants A4 printer to be installed.
>
> The output from enscript has "DocumentMedia: A4" in the header, regardless
> of what actual page size I request.  If I go into the enscript command
> itself, and replace the %psu with Letter, it works properly.  Where is %psu
> supposed to be set, and how do I verify that it is?
>
> Now, if I use a program other than kprinter, sometimes it works OK,
> sometimes it doesn't.
>
> Mainly, how do I check that a pagesize is set?

David, have you checked the cups settings?  I expected kprinter's settings to
override anything in the cups settings, but it seems that it's not as simple
as that.  I'm still having issues myself, but at least I did eventually find
where the errant page size was set, and I'm pretty sure it was in cups.

Anne