Selecting Default page size

David Dudley dldudley at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 21:11:34 GMT 2008

I'm having unbelievable problems getting my kde setup to print on a laser
printer.  The printer has Letter sized paper in it, but if I use kprinter to
print to it, the printer wants A4 printer to be installed.

The output from enscript has "DocumentMedia: A4" in the header, regardless
of what actual page size I request.  If I go into the enscript command
itself, and replace the %psu with Letter, it works properly.  Where is %psu
supposed to be set, and how do I verify that it is?

Now, if I use a program other than kprinter, sometimes it works OK,
sometimes it doesn't.

Mainly, how do I check that a pagesize is set?
David