Xmessages being duplicated on next bootup, and logging in

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Sat Nov 15 20:08:53 GMT 2008

I have 2 scripts in ~/.kde/autostart. 1 is to put an xmessage up on the
desktop, which shows which distro is running. The other shows when the distro
was last updated.

If I don't close these xmessages, the next time I reboot, and login, I end up
with 2 instances of both these xmessages, seemingly because the scripts are
run again when logging in.

I'm quite happy for the KDE session to be saved, as there may be apps open,
that I still want to be open when I next login, but is there something I can
add to these scripts that run the xmessages, so that if they are already
detected as being on the desktop when logging in, these scripts will not be
run again.

Alternatively. Is there a way to specify that certain things should not be
restored at login, my xmessages, as an example.

Perhaps I'm asking too much, but is worth a try.

Nigel.