Disabling hibernation or sleep mode

Orthaide Orthaide at comcast.net
Sun Nov 9 13:34:07 GMT 2008

Hello Anne,

> Darryl, please don't top-post - it makes difficulties for reading archives.
>
> Have you checked your BIOS settings?  Power management is a combination of
> what's there and your power-management tools as supplied by your distribution.
>
> You mentioned that you had upgraded to KDE4 - but you didn't say which
> distribution this is.  It might help if we knew that.
>
> Anne

Sorry about the top post.

Did not check my BIOS, mainly because I never had this issue before.
Even when I was running WinXP (which was the software my desktop came
with) I was always able to turn off hibernation via the System Settings,
etc... I'd really hate to mess with my BIOS if I don't have to.

Thanks,

Darryl