Disabling hibernation or sleep mode

Sun Nov 9 07:02:14 GMT 2008

On Saturday 08 Nov 2008 6:30:28 pm Orthaide wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm new to the list here. Although I've been using KDE for over a year
> now, I recently upgraded to KDE 4.1. My issue is that when the computer
> is not being physically used for an hour or so, it shuts down. How do I
> disable this feature?
>
> I tried looking for an option in Session Manager and elsewhere but
> couldn't find anything. I couldn't find anything under the KDE Doc.
> titles and I also tried using a search engine to see if others had the
> same problem but nothing was coming up.
>
> I'm really loving KDE 4.1, I just wish I didn't have to log back in
> every other hour.

This is somewhat distribution dependent as each distribution seems to have
their own specific power management tools. You should be more explicit about
the distribution you use and the power management software you use if
possible.

As I am aware, there are atleast three options now. guidance-power (default in
kubuntu), kpowersave (default in opensuse?) and powerdevil (the new kde
default). There could be more but this is just FYI.
--
Cheers!
Kishore