How to print to pdf?

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 8 16:45:08 GMT 2008

On Saturday 08 November 2008 10:31:56 Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use openSuSE 11.0 and KDE 4.1.3 unfortunately I have not found a method
> to print to a pdf neither I found the option to install a pdf printer. I am
> sure that there is such an option. I must have over seen it.
>
> Any one who knows how to print to / as pdf ?
>
> Thanks a lot
> Michael

Hi,

You should just be able to choose to print to PDF directly from the print
dialog.  If you are having problems, it's probably because you have a buggy
version of Qt installed (4.0.0 IIRC).  If you add the build service repository
for Qt (http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/Qt/openSUSE_11.0/) and
upgrade to the latest version of Qt you should get the pdf option.

Unless of course you are using Okular to try print a pdf / ps to pdf, in which
case the option is disabled as it doesn't make sense / isn't supported.

John.