No info when mouse over files/dir's with Konqueror on F9

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 7 22:44:58 GMT 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008 22:08:20 Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Friday 07 November 2008 21:56, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Nigel Henry wrote:
> > > Thanks for the reply Matthew. Perhaps I'll just be patient, and wait a
> > > while.
> > >
> > > I'm not too familiar with the status bar. Is that the one that's at the
> > > bottom of the window, and is usually where I see file info. If so, I
> > > see no info there. All I see at the bottom of Konquerors window is a
> > > green LED type thingy, and the mouse has no effect on it.
> >
> > Yes, the status bar is the "line at the bottom of Konquerors window
> > showing the same info". The green LED shows up for web pages, but not
> > when viewing files (at least not in trunk; instead it shows total files,
> > or file info on hover).
> >
> > --
> > Matthew
>
> Hi Matthew. perhaps I need to wait a bit then. Dolphin was the default, and
> I changed that back to Konqueror for file management, but my Konqueror file
> manger shows the green LED at the bottom of the window, and no file info
> there. Hopefully there will be more updates for KDE4 on Fedora9, that will
> resolve the problem.
>
> Any tips on upgrading KDE from trunk on Fedora 9? Repo's to enable, etc.
> I'm using apt, with apt-get for updates.

Nigel, you should take a little time to explore Dolphin.  It started very
simplistically, but now it has a very impressive range of functionality.  I
thought at first I'd never use it, but now I only use konqueror on a remote
box that doesn't have dolphin.  I find myself really missing dolphin's
functionality.  The tables have completely turned :-)

Anne