No info when mouse over files/dir's with Konqueror on F9

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Fri Nov 7 22:08:20 GMT 2008

On Friday 07 November 2008 21:56, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Nigel Henry wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply Matthew. Perhaps I'll just be patient, and wait a
> > while.
> >
> > I'm not too familiar with the status bar. Is that the one that's at the
> > bottom of the window, and is usually where I see file info. If so, I see
> > no info there. All I see at the bottom of Konquerors window is a green
> > LED type thingy, and the mouse has no effect on it.
>
> Yes, the status bar is the "line at the bottom of Konquerors window
> showing the same info". The green LED shows up for web pages, but not
> when viewing files (at least not in trunk; instead it shows total files,
> or file info on hover).
>
> --
> Matthew

Hi Matthew. perhaps I need to wait a bit then. Dolphin was the default, and I
changed that back to Konqueror for file management, but my Konqueror file
manger shows the green LED at the bottom of the window, and no file info
there. Hopefully there will be more updates for KDE4 on Fedora9, that will
resolve the problem.

Any tips on upgrading KDE from trunk on Fedora 9? Repo's to enable, etc. I'm
using apt, with apt-get for updates.

Nigel.