KDE4 panel problem

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed May 21 13:26:15 BST 2008

On Wednesday 21 May 2008 01:49, Kishore wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 May 2008 11:25:52 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> > For the last few of days (since I changed theme) I have had all the panel
> > icons crowded to the left, leaving no room for tabs to show running
> > applications.  If the original theme was Oxygen it doesn't appear on the
> > theme list, so I can't change back to test it.  Any ideas?
>
> I take it that we are talking about kde4 and plasma. Right?
>
> Plasma themes only control the color and other look and feel bit not the
> positioning. I doubt that plasma theming has changed this. If you have not
> done much customizing, and are ready to loose that configuration, you may
> delete the file .kde/share/config/plasma-appletrc (when plasma is not
> running) .kde/share/config/and then restart plasma to get it into the
default look.

It did indeed.  So I set the clock to show the date.  OK.  Then I added
konsole to the panel.  OK, but in the wrong position, so I moved the panel
icon.  There was a long freeze and I could neither move the icon back nor
stop the move.  I think I hit ctrl+alt and got up a penal menu, which allowed
me to sort out the konsole icon, but at the end of that manouvre everything
is crammed up against the right-hand side.  I think there is a bug concerned
with moving panel icons.

Anne