Changing K menu

Wed May 14 17:57:36 BST 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 21:21:08 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I think it's best left alone for a bit so that people can get used to it.
> > Anything new always feels a bit strange. The click forwards so as to
> > speak makes sense but I was surprised a hover didn't work on the back.
>
> Personally I hate the click forward.  I suppose eventually we'll get to
> remember where to find things, but hovering over a pop-up is much faster
> when you need to browse for something.  You can't use the search, either,
> if you don't know the name of what you seek.  This is very user-unfriendly,
> IMO.

Apparently, kickoff was designed after several usability tests. Sometimes
usability turns out to be counterintuitive but its hard to satisfy all.
However, i have read about alternate approaches being considered for kde4
including the use of the breadcrumbs widget in the menu.

Personaly, i rarely use the menu the few that i use are in the favourites menu
(interestingly konsole was'nt there!) but i mostly use the run dialog these
days.
--
Cheers!
Kishore