Changing K menu

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed May 14 16:51:08 BST 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 16:17, John wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 May 2008 15:51:07 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > >
> > > Are we talking of kickoff in kde4? And by first panel are you refering
> > > to the favourites view? Anyway, to add to the favourites view, you can
> > > right click on any of the items in other tabs and select "Add to
> > > favourites".
> >
> > The hovers/pop-up and click requirements do seem inconsistent.  Can we
> > expect these inconsistencies to disappear as kickoff develops?
> >

> I think it's best left alone for a bit so that people can get used to it.
> Anything new always feels a bit strange. The click forwards so as to speak
> makes sense but I was surprised a hover didn't work on the back.

Personally I hate the click forward.  I suppose eventually we'll get to
remember where to find things, but hovering over a pop-up is much faster when
you need to browse for something.  You can't use the search, either, if you
don't know the name of what you seek.  This is very user-unfriendly, IMO.

Anne