KDE 4

Marcus Dean Adams marcusdean.adams at gmail.com
Sun May 11 22:33:59 BST 2008

I installed KDE 4, but after 30 minuets or so I uninstalled it with the
following notes.

1) Very pretty, and seemed to boot fast to be as graphically cool as it is.
2) Widgets=good idea, allows the creation of desktop additions without
additional software.
3) Menu could use a little work
4) Kicker panel isn't customizable at all. Even if I tried to make it
bigger or smaller the icon for the menu changed to a pixelated and out
of place red arrow, and then upon putting it back I got white space
under it until I actually clicked OK to close out the config window.
5) None of the icons to locations that carried over from KDE 3.5.9
worked, even though they pointed directly to locations on my hard drive.
6) Upon installing KDE 4 versions of all my apps and restarting, my
taskbar is completely gone with no apparent way to restore it, leaving
me to try and build a new one out of widgets...

Any thoughts? Comments?

Marcus Dean Adams
marcusdean.adams at gmail.com
http://www.myspace.com/nightmarcus