Scripting the mouse acceleration setting

Yannick Gingras ygingras at ygingras.net
Sun Jun 29 19:43:16 BST 2008

Hi,
  I use KDE on my laptop which features an integrated trackpoint and
depending on where I work, I also plug-in a USB mouse or a Unicomp
keyboard with another integrated pointer.  All those pointing devices
have different sensitivities so I constantly need to adjust my mouse
acceleration setting.

Is there a way to automate that?  I could write a script that changes
the value in ~/.kde/share/config/kcminputrc but how would I tell KDE
to reload its config?

--
Yannick Gingras