KDE 4 review

ziklag ziklag at inbox.com
Sat Jun 14 23:00:30 BST 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Saturday 14 June 2008, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > software they please. I suggest that you write to the Fedora mailing
> > list concerning your feelings regarding their decision.
>
> I don't think this would make any difference. Fedora is targeted at a user
> group who prefer to trade probability of initial problems with subsequent
> fixes over initial perfection with subsequent security only maintenance.
> For example they even ship unreleased versions of software if the actual
> release is likely to happen within their version's update cycle (e.g.
> NetworkManager, Xorg)

I read the release notes.  Where did they say: "This is bleeding edge
software.  We skipped alpha and beta testing.   Sorry, if you've got
problems because you're our guinea pig." ?

What I did read was that they had problems with nvidia, but it was
supposedly fixed.   I read that KDE4 was a little rough around the
edges, but was supposed to be usable.    I guess non of the alpha
or beta testers actually upgraded fc8-->fc9 or tried to use the
kicker replacement nor the taskbar  no kmail.   My mistake.

I guess that it is time to switch OSes if Redhat is going to be
misleading and preset an OS release notes which seem to imply
that all's well.