OK, I found my (Kmail) LOST email

Rikard Johnels rikard.j at rikjoh.com
Sat Jun 14 22:09:54 BST 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008 18:21, ziklag wrote:
> I guess that I'm having trouble saying anything nice about Linux
> lately.  It seems like each rev. gets worse.  I just "upgraded" (sic)
> to FC9.  What a kludge!  Now here's an ALPHA quality product:

...Lots of ranting cut....

> So frustrated with Linux.

So stop using it???
If it bugs you so badly, why stay around using it???

I for my side have been around since the RH Mothers day release. +0.1
(somewhere late 1995)
 Way back in kernel 1.x land
Staring out on Slackware 2.3 with kernel 1.2.8
I then went over to SuSE as soon as i found it. running from 6.something up to
10.2.
I am now mostly running SLED 10 and SLES 10 sp1 on my systems. Having tested
and passed several other distros and releases.
Sure i have had some caveats on some of the various SuSE releases.
But nothing that i couldnt fix, or get to live with, or ignore using for that
matter
(As for 10.3 which didnt work on my system the way i needed it to, and thus
never used.)

Just as you have to readjust for MS releases. (Ever compared NT4, W2K, XP and
Vista's different ways of dealing with things?), you have to adjust for newer
Linux distro releases.

I myself tend to wait a while for the "bleeding edge guys" to comment on all
the strangeness and new features provided in a new release, and then make a
assessment on wether to upgrade or wait.
And i go by the parole, "If it works to your needs and is to your liking, stay
with it!"
There is no need to have the latest just cause its availale.
Sure, if there is things that yet doesnt work in your particular release, you
might want to try the newer one.
But whenever i do that i use a "scrap disc" to make a new evaluation install
to test the system before i use it "live".
I never "just upgrade and hope for the best."
If i like it, and it fixes what didnt work. Fine!
If it doesnt, and my old setup is working as wanted, i'll stick to that, and
wait for a fix later on.

Just my 2 cents....