KDE4 desktop - problems on one laptop only

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Jun 14 18:15:36 BST 2008

On Saturday 14 June 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Saturday 14 June 2008 16:17:25 Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > Most likely that the copy you get back is filtered by Google mail, since
> > its web interface shows your sent mail in the thread anyway so the mail
> > coming back from the mailing list would be a duplicate.
>
> Odd.  I cleared out googlemail's junk this morning and didn't see them.
> Never mind, though, at least it has got through now, although I still
> haven't received a copy.  I've searched googlemail's inbox back to before
> my post, and they are not there, nor is the latest copy (sent after I
> cleared out junk) in their spam filter.  Most odd.

I don't think it is move to another folder, I expect it to be filtered before
it reaches a user's mailbox(es).

> > As a matter of fact, I never get any mail back from a mailinglist when
> > sending through gmail, not even if I explicitly put myself into BCC
> > However, there is probably a setting for this in the web interface,
> > something like "do not break standard email behavior"
>
> I don't send through gmail.  I receive through gmail and use their address
> for the lists, but I send from kmail through my ISP.

The filter might still filter depending on the address it finds in the "From"
header.

> > Maybe the session manager saved a bad state, or crashed during saving it.
> > You could try explicitly saving a session.
>
> How can you do that in 4.0.x, Kevin?  I didn't think it is possible.  I'd
> certainly like to try it.

Sorry, no idea. Probably somewhere in system settings, or through a hidden
config module (see kcmshell4 --list) or as the last option through the
ksmserver D-Bus interface (using qdbus or a graphical D-Bus viewer)

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring