OK, I found my (Kmail) LOST email
ziklag at inbox.com
Sat Jun 14 17:21:32 BST 2008
I guess that I'm having trouble saying anything nice about Linux
lately. It seems like each rev. gets worse. I just "upgraded" (sic)
to FC9. What a kludge! Now here's an ALPHA quality product:
1. Preupgrade didn't work.
2. DVD installed did work but took hours and hours.
3. Oops, no video for you Nvidia users. That's a good way
to alienate your users.
4. Oh, we've moved to KDE4.
OK. KDE 4.
0. The new login screen is ugly confusing mess.
1. startkde script is broken. I found out a work-around on
the web. The poster of the work-around said "it's not a bug;
you've got your system misconfigured." I'm sorry, but if
it's broken out of the box, then it's a bug!
2. What happened to my taskbar? The new thing is ugly and
3. The kicker replacement is horrible:
0. My old kde 3.x settings all disappeared.
1. It's is ugly.
2. It's black (I guess bad guys like black, huh?)
3. I cannot figure out how to move the icons on it.
4. Several icons overlap eachother.
4. My window tabs are suddenly at the bottom of the windows
5. Konqueror had a really neat "clear URL window" button
(I can't figure out why no one else has copied that one.)
Alas, I had to reconfigure the default menus to get it back.
On the positive side, if you're not allowing people to search
on google, it's good to get rid of the "search" entry field.
5. xhost is broken (Problably more likely a x11 bug).
I'm on my lunch break, so I won't go on and on.
I thought that Germans were known for their engineering
ability. KDE4 looks like it was designed by some psyberpunk
druggie. Eye-candy like all other candie is bad for your
Here's my Linux history:
1994: Cool! I can get Unix for free!
2000: Hey guys, Linux rocks. It's stable and free.
We should ditch our NT servers for Linux. (Lose my job for
2004: Well, hey, it's free. I shouldn't complain. Most
things work alright out of the box. It's still not Microsoft.
2008: ARGH! Don't use it. Stay away. The developers are all
paid Microsoft agents putting out kludges that don't work and
then blaming the user for the problems.
2038: FC38? Hey, I'm still using XP, BeOS R5, and FC8.
Who cares if FC38 can do the laundry for me; it still mix
the darks with the whites.
So frustrated with Linux.
ziklag at inbox.com
This message is from the kde mailing list.
Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde.
More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.
More information about the kde