About 4.1 and 4.2 slowdown

Sascha Peilicke sasch.pe at gmx.de
Sun Jul 13 12:19:19 BST 2008

Have you built from the SVN sources? You should then have a debug build (no optimisations, a lot of extra stuff in binaries, status messages on the shell, ...) by default which is of course not as fast as the release version (to be shipped at distros). If you see a lot of messages on the terminal you started KDE with then this should be the reason. Change your compile settings and everything should be faster :-)

-------- Original-Nachricht --------