Is KDE4 hotter-running than KDE3?

Tue Jul 8 11:52:06 BST 2008

On Tuesday 08 Jul 2008 4:10:47 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> My laptop is working much harder under KDE4, with the fan coming on
> extremely regularly.  Is this to be expected?

Yes. Im not sure why but this used to be the case when i was using 4.0. I
think it was the desktop effects being enabled.

Again, as what seems to be the case with many a problem, this does not happen
in 4.1. However, there is still one problem i continue to face with kwin
consuming too much processor. To solve this, i have to go to Advanced section
of the desktop effects configuration and disable direct rendering.

Hope that helps.
--
Cheers!
Kishore