Restoring functionality to KDE4

Wed Jul 2 11:15:16 BST 2008

On Wednesday 02 Jul 2008 3:22:21 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> At the moment KDE4 (Mandriva) is unusable on this laptop because I seem to
> have broken some essentials - not sure how.  The panel now has everything
> shifted to the left, and I have no entries there for open apps.  At the
> same time, I can't cycle through the windows any more with an alt-tab.  I'm
> sure I've seen mention, at least for the panel problem, of a cure which
> involved reinstalling a plasmoid, but I can't find the reference.
>
> I'm beginning to wonder whether I can cure these problems or whether I just
> have to use KDE 3 on this laptop. That would be a great pity, as my old,
> slow laptop has KDE4 without these problems.

The easiest way to recover if you do not want your "modifications" would be to
exit plasma, dump the plasma config files and relaunch plasma.

OTOH if you are only missing a taskbar and want to restore it, you can do so
by dragging the taskbar widget from the "add widgets" dialog, directly into
the panel where you want it.
--
Cheers!
Kishore