Changing encoding in Dolphin

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 16:57:51 GMT 2008

On 25/01/2008, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org> wrote:
> >> IIUC, your file names in your SD card are screwed.
> >
> > No, they are not. They display fine on the phone and on windows
> > machines that I connect the card+reader to.
>
> I meant that they are screwed in Linux.

Oh. Same thing.

> > Anybody know how to install nls_iso8859-8.ko on Ubuntu? I'll ask on
> > the Ubuntu list, but someone here may know as well. Thanks.
>
> There is NO "nls_iso8859-8.ko".  Hebrew is "nls_cp1255.ko"

According to wikipedia, cp1255 is a superset of iso8859-8, therefore,
they are compatible in the direction that I want to go. So, it turns
out that was _not_ my problem.

Any ideas as to why the non-ASCII characters in filenames would be
displayed as question marks?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il