Konsole, backspace and ^H

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jan 22 02:18:25 GMT 2008

Mark Watts wrote:
> On Thursday 17 January 2008 19:13:01 Michael Mauch wrote:
>> Mark Watts wrote:
>>> Is there a way to get konsole to send ^H when I hit the backspace key?
>> Settings -> Keyboard -> Solaris seems to produce ^H for the backspace
>> key.
>
> This seems to work just fine. Is there any reason I shouldn't use this setting
> as a default, eg when SSHing into other Unix boxes?

Well, you'll confuse programs/ttys that expect ^? for backspace...

As far as I know, changing the keyboard setting just affects the
scancodes sent to the pty for certain keys. As long as you can configure
the tty correctly for what Konsole is doing, I'd think you'd be fine.

--
Matthew
"I always thought the KDE coders were simply very intelligent AI's...