[KDE3] Where are special window/application settings stored?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Feb 7 22:06:43 GMT 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Feb 7, 2008 8:44 PM, Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
> > I think this would be kwinrulesrc in
> > $ kde-config --path config
>
> Great, thanks. Do you know if there is any chance to create an overlay
> file, use two files or anything else? I have two custom changes in there
> which I want to use across all my desktops while keeping the rest &
> defaults at the values whatever mechanism chose them to be.

I don't know enough about the file content or how KWin is using them, but
since it is a KDE config file the properties described here [1] should apply
to it as well

> Alternatively, is there a command to insert/update/manage that file?
> I could make that part of my initial setup scripts. Not ideal, but viable.

There are basically two tools for reading and writing KDE config files from
the commandline or scripts, kreadconfig and kwriteconfig

Cheers,
Kevin

[1] http://tinyurl.com/2ku53f

KDE user support, developer mentoring