Vim bindings in Kdevelop

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Feb 7 11:52:05 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 06 February 2008, Mike Diehl wrote:
> I've never been an IDE user, but the prospects of using such a nice tool as
> Kdevelop might change that.
>
> However, I've already got my fingers trained to use vi so I need to install
> the vim binding...
>
> I understand I do this through Kontrol Panel, but the vim editor isn't
> available in the picklist.  What do I have to install to get this to work?

You will probably need an editor package which implements the KDE editor
component interface. Not sure if there is one with VIM bindings, I think KVIM
got abandoned and I don't know about the state of the KDE3 version of Yzis
(its homepage www.yzis.org only talks about the KDE4 one)

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring