Replacing commas with tabs in KWrite

Eyolf Ă˜strem eyolf at oestrem.com
Mon Feb 4 22:15:17 GMT 2008

On 04.02.2008 (14:47), Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> Actually, as soon as I posted that, I remembered the 's' command, which
> /does/ understand \t... view->switch to command line, and then type
> 's/,/\t/g' works, but only on the current line. I want to say there is a
> way to make it work on all lines (and I found a list mail on google that
> implies it is so), but I don't recall how offhand, and haven't managed
> to track down anyone that knows.

Just prepend a range of the command (do :help range). % is the whole file,
1,25s/.... would apply the substitution to the first 25 lines,
:/foo/,/bar/s/... between the first matches of "foo" and "bar", etc.
Quite powerful, that little vimmer...

eyolf

--
Nobody suffers the pain of birth or the anguish of loving a child in order
for presidents to make wars, for governments to feed on the substance of