Moving Kontact from KDE3 to KDE4

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Dec 27 17:34:56 GMT 2008

2008/12/27 Hans Muecke <kde at 4077th-mash.net>:
> Howdy friends,
>
> After several unsuccessful attempts to install a working KDE 4 with Suse11.0 I
> finally have a working environment with KDE4 (after learning which settings
> shouldn't be touched in the look-and-feel section).
>
> Anyway ... I am quite happy with the new KDE and I have been using it for some
> days now. However I am still using some KDE3 stuff, most importantly the PIM,
> since in the version for KDE4 Knode seems to be missing. Question for now ...
>
> Should I decide to drop Kontakt/KDE3 and go with KDE4 what would configs would
> I have to copy from .kde to .kde4 to have all the settings? I played around
> with Kmail and all my idendities and accounts were lost.
>
> Thanks for taking the time!

In regard to Korganizer and Kaddressbook, if you do not have too many
personalized settings you might want to just export your calendar and
addressbook and then reimport them in KDE 4. I am not familiar with
the code but it looks like a lot has changed and in any case I know
that my .kde folder has collected 5+ years of entrophy that it would
be good to start anew with the settings.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü