Moving Kontact from KDE3 to KDE4

Hans Muecke kde at 4077th-mash.net
Sat Dec 27 13:16:25 GMT 2008

Howdy friends,

After several unsuccessful attempts to install a working KDE 4 with Suse11.0 I
finally have a working environment with KDE4 (after learning which settings
shouldn't be touched in the look-and-feel section).

Anyway ... I am quite happy with the new KDE and I have been using it for some
days now. However I am still using some KDE3 stuff, most importantly the PIM,
since in the version for KDE4 Knode seems to be missing. Question for now ...

Should I decide to drop Kontakt/KDE3 and go with KDE4 what would configs would
I have to copy from .kde to .kde4 to have all the settings? I played around
with Kmail and all my idendities and accounts were lost.

Thanks for taking the time!

--
Talk to you later ... Hans (251 to go)

2008/12/27 12:50
EDDS 271250Z 08010KT 9999 OVC025 M01/M07 Q1031 NOSIG