Usage of screen real estate in 4.2

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 24 10:22:25 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 24 December 2008 00:35:33 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> As is, people have told me that the Asus' screen is too dang small. I
> happen to disagree :-) (probably similar to how I demand high resolution
> in my full-sized displays, even when "full-sized" is only 17").

It's occasionally annoying to have to drag windows around, but with a few
adjustments such as using the Laptop theme and setting smaller fonts, it
really isn't a problem.  Mine is a 701, and the only thing I don't like about
it is the small keyboard.  I was going to buy one of the bigger ones when they
came out, but then a review said the keyboard was the same, so I bought the
Acer Aspire One instead.

As far as screen display goes, both have a surprising good quality.  I would
have said that my old eyes wouldn't be happy with smaller fonts, etc., yet
surprisingly it doesn't worry me at all.

Anne