Usage of screen real estate in 4.2

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 24 00:35:33 GMT 2008

Scott Beamer wrote:
> Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Scott Beamer wrote:
>>> 1024x768 is soooo 20th century... ;)
>> I know; my Asus is 1024x600. Widescreen FTW!
>>
>> (And yes, there is a bit of sarcasm in the above. Or, put less obtusely,
>> I disagree that we can assume larger than 1024x768, given clear evidence
>> to the contrary.)
>
> Oops.
>
> I keep forgetting.  When it comes to any kind of display, (be it on a PC, laptop or TV) there are generally two kinds of people. Those who like displays that are BIG (that be me) and those who like displays that are really small. :)

Hehe :-). Don't get me wrong, my *desktop* runs 1920x1200. Settling on
less than 1600x1200 (which I swore I'd never do) was a concession to the
fact that 1024x600 seems to be the *only* resolution available in
netbooks, and I wanted a netbook. (It had a lot to do with the geekiness
factor, the $300 price tag at a brick-and-mortar where I could walk out
with it, and that my old laptop - 1600x1200, btw - was about to snap in
two.) If I weren't buying a tiny computer, I'd insist on something with
a much greater number of pixels. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't
love my little eee anyway ;-).

As is, people have told me that the Asus' screen is too dang small. I
happen to disagree :-) (probably similar to how I demand high resolution
in my full-sized displays, even when "full-sized" is only 17").

> On a related note, there are people who have netbooks *&* desktops with 30" monitors.

I think mine is only 24" :-).

--
Matthew
このテキストを翻訳する時間の無駄だばかばかしい