Need help with KDE4 on SuSE 11.1

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 24 00:40:05 GMT 2008

Jerry Houston wrote:
> If I'd seen your message first, it would have saved me some trouble, but in
> the end, all came out well.  I simply deleted that folder, and everything
> returned to normal.
>
> When I did that, I thought I'd be getting rid of configuration data, not mail,
> my address book, etc.  I used KMail in KDE3 sessions as well, so it didn't
> occur to me that it would all be stored in ~.kde4.

Configuration data is in $KDEHOME/share/config. $KDEHOME/share/apps has
lots of non-configuration data, such as (as you noticed) e-mail, the
kjots books, downloaded plasma themes, etc., and probably isn't a good
thing to delete "on a whim" :-).

($KDEHOME is usually ~/.kde; apparently it is ~/.kde4 on some distros,
and I have it set to ~/.kde-trunk, as my ~/.kde is left over from KDE3,
some years, two fedora major version updates, and a change from RHEL ago.)

--
Matthew
このテキストを翻訳する時間の無駄だばかばかしい