How do I activate compiz on kde with F10?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Sat Dec 20 19:14:35 GMT 2008

On Saturday 20 December 2008 18:28:25 Steven W. Orr wrote:
> I'm interested in trying it but I have no idea how to activate it. It
looks cool. Where do I start?

The answer is simple, you just don't want compiz, you want something
nicer. Have a look at " System Settings -> Desktop -> Desktop Effects " or
to be lazy, press <Alt>+<F2> and enter "effects", click on the desktop
effects icon.

There's a nice little checkbox "Enable desktop effects" and a lot of
options
too :-)
--
Sascha Peilicke
http://saschpe.wordpress.com

Thanks Sasha. I know about that already. But *why* do I not want it? I
assume that if someone knows how to activate compiz, I can still give it a
try?

steveo at syslang.net