Making the "Folder View" widget less ugly.

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Dec 19 10:41:52 GMT 2008

On Friday 19 December 2008 03:34:55 Scott Beamer wrote:
> pkaplan1 at comcast.net TOP POSTED the following as quoted:
> > Just hang in there for ~6 more weeks. 4.2 provides an option for a
> > traditional desktop look. It even lets you have a traditional desktop
> > (with folder icons) and folder view widgets on top of that!
>
> That's good to hear. I can't help but wonder why this (and any number of
> other things) wasn't in KDE 4.0.....
>
> On the other hand, I consider KDE 4.0 to really be KDE 4.0 beta
> somethingorother.
>
> KDE 4 hasn't been anywhere near useable till it got to 4.1 (not unlike many
> Windows programs).
>
> On a related note, my wait for KDE 4.2 will be longer than 6 weeks, unless
> I wait  to install a development/beta/alpha version of a Linux distro (none
> of the 4 I frequently use will have a new release for some time now).

Isn't it time that we put this argument out of its misery?  It's been said a
thousand times that 4.0 was released as a developer release.  Bleeding edge
distros decided that there was an advantage in using it and users adopted it
because they wanted the latest thing, without any concern for the fact that
that made them testers.  You choose your distro for what you get out of it.

Anne